Total Health, Safety, Environmental & Emergency Management
- An initial legal compliance audit is done to ascertain the company's overall strengths and weaknesses of the organisation.
- A set of policies and procedures will be drafted for the company specific to the nature and scope of the work being performed on the premises. These policies and procedures will be presented to the CEO of the company for approval and implementation by management.
- In addition to the policies and procedures an emergency response plan will be drawn up including the exact floor plan of the premises concerned. This emergency response plan will include situation specific procedures for the major role players in an emergency reaction team.
- Once policies and procedures have been approved, a half day induction training programme will be developed and implemented to ensure that all employees are made aware of the new documents and their responsibility towards the identified legislation.
- Those who show interest in the safety and emergency field will be nominated in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act as health, safety & environmental representatives, first aid providers or a fire fighters. Training will then be provided for the respective candidates on the chosen path. The training provided will be in accordance with above mentioned emergency response plan as well as the policies and procedures. All equipment necessary for the emergency teams to conduct their work will be provided and the teams will be trained on how to use the items supplied.
- Once all of the systems have been implemented a follow up audit will be conducted to provide a before and after look into the effectiveness of the systems implemented. This audit will, under normal circumstances, be done after 6 months.
- Follow up services include setting up of safety committees and assisting with the running of these meetings, independent safety inspections, bi-annual emergency evacuation drills, inspection and annual servicing of emergency equipment.
We include the following services as part of the package:
- We assist in the initial emergency size-up and initiation of necessary actions.
- We do all recordings of injury on duty on the relevant forms for submission to the workman's compensation commissioner.
- Liaising with all emergency services and ensuring that adequate resources are available.
- We investigate the incident and complete all the annexure 2 documents as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- We arrange for counselling specialists to visit the site at which any traumatic incidents have occurred.
- We will ensure that all hazards within the working environment have been removed to allow for the continuation of work.